15th November 08 - Orienteering Dartmoor


My first Brown for a while, but on open moorland which is always a favourite for me . Running speed as always kept me rooted lower in the results than I would like. I am hoping that my Marathon Training which I am due to start in December will have the added benifit of adding a little more speed and endurance to my orienteering. But I was still happy with under 10min Km's as there were 22 controls in 7.4km and 235m climb. All that in an area of less than 2km x 2km.

Results http://www.orienteeringindevon.org.uk/devonoc/kingtor08.html

Happy today as didn't make it to Cornwall event but Barry was beaten, which keeps the dreams alive for winning the Blue course at this years Forest League. But its going to be close......

1 comment:

Martin Dean said...

Hi Mark,
Good to see you've posted the map with the course you ran - looks like an interesting area! Look forward to seeing more from future events.