Devon Orienteering Club Harris Relay
19th July 2009

Nice to be back Orienteering after a bit of a break and back on the Moors as well. We entered a two man team into this three person relay, and as my team mate hadn't really orienteered before it was left to me to get the bulk of the controls. 1-6 were manadatory and one member of the team had to visit the other controls. I was happy with my nav apart from getting mixed up at 12 thinking I was at 13 (not sure why) then spending time looking for 10 above small tor. When I realised I shot off to 13 and everything went OK from there. Had a change of plan at 9 and decided on 16, 3, 2 then 8 but met team mate at 2 and he had managed to take in 8 already so we could run for home.
Great event on a nice area. Need to get a extra team member next year!

No comments: