South West Orienteering Champs 2010 - Wareham Forest, Dorset

Firstly what amazing weather, blue skies all day and even the northerly wind couldn't ruin it.  When I read the course lengths in the final details I was a little concerned 7.0km 140m is really on the short side and generally that means the forest is tough going.  And it was, but that just meant taking the long way around the paths and diving into the controls, only going straight when you didn't mind taking it easy.  Due to this and the blocks of forests and felled areas the navigation wasn't particularly challenging, just keep map contact and the running under control.  The problem is my running speed on the paths can't match that of others.  But hey maybe one day I'll be the only M35 in the champs and I'll win......................

GPS Track on Endomondo


Results


No comments: