Cornwall Orienteering Club Race - Mount Edgcumbe



So to Mount Edgcumbe for a Cornwall Orienteering Club league race, I ran the Brown course 8.3km 290m with 28 controls.  And run I did, Mount Edgcumbe is always more physical than technical but with 28 controls you still had to keep your head.  It's easy early on to push the pace and pay for it with some sloppy nav.  This event used butterfly loops on the brown course which added interest to this area which we have used on many occasions before.  I was really happy with my run and am feeling the benefit of my recent weight loss especially on the hills.  71mins put me in amongst competitors that I don't usually compete with which is very motivating.  Looking forward to running at the BOKtrot next weekend in the Forest of Dean.  











Weight loss update 12kg since January!!

No comments: