Dartmoor Runners 90 Minute Score Event

For my last couple of runs I have been running an old Dartmoor Runners 90 minute score event from last December.  Unfortunately I didn't get to the event but I managed to get hold of the map from a friend and it's been sitting waiting for me give it a go ever since.  Last week I managed to give it ago but although I managed to cover 11.85km in 92min I scored, with penalties 35 points.  So I was determined to get back on the horse so to speak and give it another go.  

Today an unexpected opportunity gave me another chance and off I went.  It was an ideal day for running hot but with a cooling breeze.  I managed 12.56km in just under 89mins and scored a more impressive 65 points and more to the point had an excellent run over terrain I wouldn't otherwise run.  My track can be found on my endomondo site.  The actual race was won with 75 points so was happy to get so close, even though it was my second attempt.  Feel free to give it a go Map of the Score Checkpoints can be found via the link on a google map.  If you beat 65 let me know, remember time starts and finishes at the car park, don't be late!!

More info on Dartmoor Runner can be found here.

No comments: