Just testing.............

The idea was to get out and test my leg to see if I had recovered from a slight calf strain, so off I plodded to Broad Barrow from Dunstone Down Car Park, about a 7km round trip.  I took my walking poles, as I often do after an injury and got into a good comfortable tempo.
Broad Barrow

Broad Barrow
 At Broad Barrow I was feeling good and decided to carry on and make it a longer run.
Hookney Tor

Birch Tor
 After Hookney and Shapley Tors I trotted on over to Birch Tor, before heading back to Hamel Down and the car, 14.85km in 2hrs 4min double what I set out to do.  And the legs? Well they seem as good as they ever do!!



Upcoming Navigation Running Events

12th January 2013 - Devon Orienteering Club Night Event - Cann Woods, Plympton

13th January 2013 - Dartmoor Runners Half Marathon, Widecombe. (Although I am assured a shorter option will be available!)

20th January 2013 - Cornwall Orienteering Club - Lanhydrock, Bodmin

27th January 2013 - Devon Orienteering Club - Mutters Moor, Sidmouth

and dont forget the Southern Orienteering Champs at Penhale, Cornwall on the 14th April, the best orienteers on the best terrain in the south west.


2 comments:

4 Winds said...

Love running round there - got a character all of its own. the pull from Grimspound to the trig on Hameldown is a classic.

Mark "Lucy" Lockett said...

Certainly a pull, didn't feel to bad today, I am definitely falling in love with that ridge and the possibilities for longer runs.