Night and Day- 2nd + 3rd February

First up a Saturday evening at Duchy College for the last race of this seasons Devon and Cornwall Night League.  Not difficult nav around the college but it's always a lung buster, soft under foot and everyone going flat out, any small miss would be punished.  Made sure I was in control when we returned to campus for controls #17 and 18. Pretty happy with 30.27 for 4.0km 115m, and glad to finish the season 2nd overall.  Congratulations to Will Hancock who won the Green Course.



Quantock Orienteers - Wind Down

Sunday I managed to slope off for a run with Quantock Orienteers at Wind Down just north of Taunton.  You always know that you are in for a physical treat when you go to a Quantock event as their forests are normally steep sided and slightly rough.  So I was looking forward to a challenge.  Hesitant to #1 firstly due to getting confused at the track junction, then the change of scale from the night before.  Long climb to #2 and legs feeling heavy from previous night.  Clean until #8, which I ran right past then up to wall corner SW of my control site, stupid mistake.  Clean after that but climb to #13 killed last bit of energy in my legs.  All in all happy with my run, 5.0km 285m - 71.44.  Thank you Quantock Orienteers.


No comments: