Run Five - Aerobic Zone 2

21st August 2008

The aim of the session was do an Aerobic Zone 2 workout. So between 40-60min with heart rate between 133 - 151. It took a while to get the pace right, but was going well until about 15mins in when my heart rate jumped to 185 without warning. Now I have this happen occasionally before, but never when wearing my monitor so I was a bit shocked. Stopped for a while and managed to get my heart rate back to 140 and continued to walk, but soon realise that I was not going to be able to continue. I walked home, but even walking my heart rate got up to 170 on even the slightest hill. When I got home my wife did some black magic on me and manged to get my rate down from 140 to 70 in a matter of 30secs. I suppose that's the benefit of having a Doctor in the house. She has also given me a few tips to counter act this problem if (when) it happens again. I think this happen because I wasn't feeling 100%, so I will rest up this weekend and get back to it on Monday/Tuesday.

No comments: