Run Four - Moorland Run

Well tonight was the night to check out my max heart rate, so off I went for 55min run (Ingra Tor, Leedon Tor, Sharpitor, Peek Hill). Got nearly back to the car and nice little hill to do some hill reps. Managed to get my heart rate up to 178, now I am not sure whether that is good or bad so I will have to investigate more, here are my training zones.

Zone Heart Rate Benefits

Aerobic 1 115-133 Increased base aerobic conditioning, fat burning ability and general endurance.

Aerobic 2 133 - 151 Sustained aerobic exercise, helps to develop aerobic energy system and cardiovascular system.

Aerobic 3 151 -167 High intensity aerobic exercise, enables the body to become accustomed to working at high aerobic intensity.

Threshold 167-174 Develops ability to exercise at 'anaerobic threshold' for sustained period of time.

Interval 170-178 Develops tolerance to lactic acid and raises VO2 maximum.

information taken from http://www.sleepmonsters.co.uk/training.php?article_id=190

6.7km
1:02:23

No comments: