Dartmoor Runners - 16th December 90min Score

Yesterday was the final event of the 18th Dartmoor Runners Winter Series.  The format was a 90min score event starting from High Down, Lydford.  It was a prefect day for a run and although I was feeling below par I was really looking forward to running on one of my favourite areas of the moors.  We were given the map with controls on 2 minutes before the off, so only a little time to plan.  My thoughts were to get out to the 20 pointer to the north and then head south and see what controls I could sweep up.  As it happened I think on another day I could have cleared the course but on this occasion I was probably 10mins off the pace, and missed out on one control.  However I was happy with 6th/32.  Congratulations to all those that cleared the course especially Jamie Parkinson who cleared the course in 70min! After the run we headed over to Lydford Village Hall for Christmas lunch and prize giving.  Dartmoor Runners will return in the New Year with the Summer Series!   

Upcoming Events

22nd Dec 2012 - Cornwall Orienteering Club Night Event - Davidstow, Bodmin

27th Dec 2012 - Devon Orienteering Club Christmas Event - Killerton, Exeter

12th January 2013 - Devon Orienteering Club Night Event - Cann Woods, Plympton

20th January 2013 - Cornwall Orienteering Club - Lanhydrock, Bodmin


and dont forget the Southern Orienteering Champs at Penhale on the 14th April, the best orienteers on the best terrain in the south west.

No comments: