Scottish 6 Days - Day One Lossie



I must admit that I wasn't looking forward to getting out of the van into the rain to make my way to the start.  However right on cue the rain stopped and I made my way to the start picking up Kerno members on the way for a quick chat.  Keep it clean was the mantra for my run.  Slow and steady to #1 Glad of the veg boundary to the south.  ran slightly past #2 but nothing major.  #7 pace counted from veg boundary, first use of a new skill, found it bang on, still need to practice more but starting to think why haven't I done this before...... Fool! Safe path option to #9 and #10.  Bearing and paced to #11 but out, but bearing good and straight to it.  Keen not to make mistakes to #12 but mistook ride to the south for top path!! Came off path bend to #14 but must have been extra path, relocated.  Brain dead to to #16 which seemed to take an age from veg covered ride.  Clean into #17 then the run for home glad for the well established elephant track.  Thumbs up for my first day of Scottish orienteering.  

Tomorrow 9.5km on the Carse of Ardersier....... Bring it on!



No comments: