Run Eight - Orienteering

Orienteering at Craddock Moor today near Liskeard, Cornwall. Not been feeling great, slight cold and just feeling generally tired. So wasn't expecting much today. As I committed myself to the Blue course earlier in the season I didn't really have a choice of course, which I was glad as the brown was 9km. I messed up early on and I expected that would mean my chances of winning were pretty well gone early on, which is never the best feeling. The rest of course went ok if a little untidy at a couple of controls. The running part was OK but I still lack basic speed, although I did feel stronger on some of the hills.

6.7km
61min 10secs
Questions, Questions, Questions

Will the cycling add to overall running speed?
Should I use my heart rate monitor when competing?
I am I getting fitter?
How do I tell?
Have I lost any weight?
Do I need to weigh myself?
Should I just bin it all, go to the pub and take up Darts?

No comments: